Simple Delegation Formula
How to delegate effectively to grow your business and get more freedom
The only way you can scale your business is through delegation. If you are new to managing and delegation, it may be an intimidating task, if you are an experienced manager, there are usually areas of your delegation process you want to improve or mistakes you don’t want to repeat.
The process of delegation
How to delegate in 4 steps:
- Demonstrate how you do the task you want to delegate
- Watch people do the task
- Correct when needed
- When they get it right, they teach the next person
Things to remember about while delegating:
- Metrics. Have the metrics, make them clear for the employee and follow the metrics. Follow the metrics.
- Make sure the person understand what they need to do. Ask them to rephrase the task before they start the work.
- Do random checks.
- Empower others to act without you.
- Spend very little or no time on things that are working.
Some concerns that managers have about delegation
One of the boss’s concern while delegating is that we can be accused of being a control freak. The answer to this is that when a new person starts a new position it is impossible to overmanage. For the first six weeks watch the new employee very closely – you are training them. Give them more freedom gradually and follow-up.